The Placentia Library District is very proud of its talented and dedicated volunteers. With the guidance and support of the Library staff, volunteers extend the reach of the Library. The Placentia Library is always on the lookout for energetic and committed people to join our team of volunteers.
Volunteers provide the much needed support to the library services, events and patrons who depend on our services. Last year our volunteers gave over 17,800 hours of service to the library. That translates to over $470,000 worth of cost savings!
In return volunteers benefit from their service by:
- Gaining New Skills
- Satisfying Community Service Credit
- Gaining Valuable Job Experience
- Making a Difference in Someone’s Life
- Giving Back to the Community
Need to access your schedule, sign-up for new volunteer opportunities or update your contact information? Log-in to VicNet!
Who Can Volunteer?
Assignments are available for individuals ages 12 and up.
Please note that the Library is not currently accepting court-ordered volunteers.
For group volunteer assignments contact Michelle Meades at (714) 528-1906, ext. 224 or email@example.com.
What Volunteer Opportunities Are Available?
The Library offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities year round. Check out our Volunteer Opportunities Directory to see what types of assignments are available today!
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
It is easy; all you need to do is complete the following steps:
- Complete an online volunteer application. Please note you will need to have an active Placentia or Anaheim Library Card to complete the application. Applications must be completed before attending the volunteer orientation.
Click here if you are between 12 and 17 years old
Click here if you are 18 years old and over
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation.
The next Volunteer Orientation is scheduled for Thursday, June 8 from 6-8 p.m. Please arrive on time as late arrivals will not be admitted.
The 2017 Volunteer Orientations will be held on the following days:
- Thursday, June 8, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 17, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 21, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 10, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 8, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Returning Volunteers
If it has been over a year since you last volunteered, or you feel like you need a refresher, please attend a Volunteer Orientation before volunteering again.
- Summer Reading Program Volunteers
Teens ages 12 through 17 years old who wish to volunteer during the summer must attend one of three mandatory Children's Department Teen Summer Volunteer Orientations each year.
The 2017 Teen Summer Volunteer Orientations will be held on the following days:· Thursday, June 8, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.· Saturday, June 17, 10:00 a.m. - 12 p.m.
· Wednesday, June 21, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.· Monday, July 10, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
I Need a Site for My Internship or Work Study?
The Placentia Library is an approved site for students wishing to fulfill their community service, internship or work study requirements. All positions require a volunteer application, and volunteer orientation. Please note that internships and work study programs will also require a resume, interview and, if accepted, fingerprinting before assignments can begin.
Our local partners include
- Cal State Fullerton
- Fullerton College
- University of Phoenix
- Western State University College of Law
- Local High School and Junior High Schools
- Troy Tech
- Val Tech
Don’t see your program listed? Contact Michelle Meades at (714) 528-1906, ext. 224 or firstname.lastname@example.org to see if the Library qualifies for your program's internship or federal work study program.