Updated September 5, 2020
Thank you to all who participated. The lucky winners are: Erik, Mark and Michelle
1. This beautiful home was built in 1902 on Tesoro Rancho. The owner was one of the founders of Placentia and organized the Placentia National Bank and a packing house. What was the name of the owner of this home and what is the address? A picture of the plaque with the answers listed is what you are hunting for.
Answer: A.S. Bradford 136 E. Palm Circle
2. This family received a land grant from Mexico and called their home Rancho San Juan Cajon de Santa Ana. Their adobe home was located on Crowther Avenue and Porter Avenue, west of Kraemer Boulevard. Can you find the plaque dedicated to this family at this location. What was the family’s name? Snap your picture under the small gazebo as you discover our first family’s name.
3. The Tuffree Reservoir is now known as what park here in Placentia? A picture of a place to fish will show us where the reservoir used to be.
Answer: Tri City Park
4. At what park in Atwood can you see the mural painted by artist Manuel Hernandez Trujillo in 1977? The 260 foot mural runs along a wall above the river channel. Behind the fence you will find Mayan Gods, Aztec eagles, orange groves, and more. A picture of a butterfly from this mural is what you are hunting for.
Answer: Parque de los Ninos
5. What is the name of the first church built in Placentia? This church used lumber from an old school house to build the church. The original school bell still remains at this church. Find the tower and the bell then take a picture of the church sign.
Answer: Placentia Presbyterian Church
Looking for something fun to do in our city? Check out the Placentia Library’s local history scavenger hunt! This fun hunt will help you discover the history of our city by visiting our oldest and most historic sites. This is family friendly or perfect for one. Take your time and enjoy visiting around town, snap some pics and imagine the stories each spot could tell. Complete all questions correctly and you'll be entered in to a drawing for a $50 gift card to Barnes & Noble!
The rules and questions are also posted as a text format below:
At each location you will be required to fill in the answers to the questions below and take a photo of yourself. Please be respectful of all property when visiting these sites. When the hunt is complete, submit your form. Answer all questions correctly and you will be entered into a drawing for a $50.00 egift card to Barnes and Noble for 3 lucky winners!
The Scavenger history hunt is available from August 16 through August 31. All submissions must be received by Monday, August 31 by 8:00pm. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email please include your name, phone number, social media handle, and your library card number. Please, only 1 submission per family. Winners will be announced and answers posted by September 3rd.
We love when you share with us on Social Media! Make sure you use the #Placentialibrary and tag @PlacentiaLibrary on Facebook or Placentialib on Instagram.